Thursday 5 November 2015

The 'Freshers' Fifteen'

I would like to think that I've always had a (semi) petite body frame, and without the risk of sounding too confident, I am was pleased with my body proportions.

I would like to think that this has upheld throughout the 5 weeks of being at university. Sadly, I know this isn't true.

First of all, freshers week, where there is no way in hell you'll be able to keep up with the healthy lifestyle you might have been accustomed to before university. The amount of alcohol that you'll drink in one night alone will be enough calories to take you right through until the next week, and that's before you stop off at the greasiest kebab van on your stumble home.

(Also, it's worth remembering that freshers week does not last a week, it can last many weeks...)


So, let's do some easy calculations; if you're going out 3 or 4 times a week for 2 weeks and buying a kebab each time, you will be eating 6-8 kebabs in 2 weeks. Kebabs are estimated to have around 1,000 calories, so that is 6-8,000 calories for one 'snack' in those 2 weeks (gross!!)

My advice; start signing up to the university gym now and do some high intensity cardio if you want to avoid the dreaded 'freshers' fifteen'.

*Word of warning; do not go down my route of signing up to pilates in the attempt to convince yourself that you're doing exercise. News flash: you're not.*

No comments:

Post a Comment